Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Servings: 3-4
- 8 medium zucchini
- Good olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions cut in half and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and, if they are large, cut in half lengthwise. Slice diagonally in 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large (12-inch) saute pan and add the onions. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat until they start to brown.
- To keep in one layer, add half the zucchini, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the pan and cook, tossing occasionally, for 10 or until just cooked through. If zucchini is crowded, you’ll steam rather than saute it so two batches might be necessary.
- Put zucchini and onion on a plate, scraping bits from the bottom of the pan so they don’t burn.
- Add second half of zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh ground pepper.
- When done, add zucchini and onion from plate and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cook for 30 seconds more.
- Serve immediately or keep in the stove and heat up when ready.
* All Star Organics Salts and Sugars are available at the Sunday Farmers Market in San Rafael, specialty retailers and online.